Back to Army Award Bullets
Thanks for your contributions!
RANK/NAME selflessly volunteered 108 hours of his personal time to assist the local community. He demonstrated his devotion to the future of the Nation while working with the community's youth by being a positive role model and instilling the highest of Values on to them. SSG Roman also dedicated five months to the children of Cub Scouts, Pack 404 as one of three Pack Leaders. His actions taught them valuable morales and are a direct reflection of his character and gives the public glimpse of what it means to be a Soldier.
SPC A*** volunteered 88 hours of service to Fort Bliss and the local community. His involvement with the community's youth promoted a positive image of soldiers being viewed as role models. SPC A**** also dedicated 12 hours to the city of El Paso through the Fort Bliss Sergeant Audie Murphy Club such as the annual Trot For Tots. This event collected money for underprivileged children of El Paso.
- mannered, respectful, and caring traits enabled him to get to know over 50 residents on a personal level
- Presented the MSHS football team over $600 of safety equipment for students unable to purchase personal gear
- Provided administrative support to 100K visitors to 2006 Pope AFB Air Show; ensured 100% support
- Intense competitor and model ambassador within the Croughton intramural basketball league--valued teammate
- Exchanged language lessons; learned basic Japanese/taught English--improved important US/Japan relations
- Volunteered 20 hours off duty time assisting Lowry Open Window Foundation Nov 05' Thanksgiving holiday
- Prepared dinner for 60 combat wounded soldiers; support greatly increased morale for OEF war fighters
- Showed a positive, cooperative spirit during the San Antonio area Hospital blood drive; -contributions saved lives
- Organized a team for the March of Dimes "Walk America" 20K march, raised over $500 to combat birth defects
- Volunteer phone bank supervisor at Easter Seal telethon; surpassed its goal, raised $30,000
- Orchestrated timely food/clothing donations for Hurricane Katrina disaster victims; a timely godsend for charity
- Visited 2 Nicaraguan orphanages, presented over $500 of toys/sports equipment--solidified community support
- Regularly participates in and oversees the weekly Meals-on-Wheels program
- Spent 100 hours mentoring high school students; imparted importance of academics and right decisions
- Tutored students traveling and missing school during sports season, kept students on track to graduate!
- Liased with Japanese Civil Defense/civilian authorities bus accident response; fostered strong partnership
- Active in community, prepared family style barbeque for annual Okinawa Cherry Blossom festival
- Volunteered to lead Punt, Pass, & Kick fundraiser--raised over $3,000 for football team uniform items
- Volunteered as youth group leader at chapel, enhanced the lives of local teens through positive guidance
- Dynamic! Created the 2007 MSHS football team highlight film; showcased achievements at Fall Awards ceremony
- Involved in local Head Start Program; patiently read books to over 22 children ages 5 years to 7 years
- Dedicated to improving team building--put together, hosted weekly evening meals for the MSHS football team
- United communities during the Camp Zama Open House--over 2,000 local nationals attended celebration
- Put best foot forward, no job too large or small--helped clean and deliver food to six different 24-hour work centers
- Volunteered to assist local Red Cross in distributing food and clothing to flood victims in the Low Country
- Strong community leader--chaperones school functions--regularly mentors elementary school children
- Volunteered 10 hours supervising and cleaning up for the Patch Barracks Youth Halloween Harvest Party
- Developed, orchestrated games for 60 children--provided a safe haven--a huge Halloween night success!
- Head coach of Heidelberg high school wrestling team; taught safe/proper techniques--zero mishaps/injuries
- Community minded; volunteered & represented Schofield Barracks in Waipahu May Day parade; raised over $12K for local community center supporting the Boy and Girl Scouts, Womens' Club and YMCA
- Security minded! Collaborated with Fayetteville community leaders on Neighborhood Watch programs
- Programs have made contributions of considerable and lasting value--3K active residents & 80% less crime
- Volunteered to assist local Red Cross in distributing food and clothing to flood victims in the Gulfport area
- Tutored high school student--raised students grade from an "F" to an "A" in a mere four weeks--inspiring!
- Stimulates harmony and high spirits! Personally invited by Base Chaplain to help infuse holiday community cheer
- Santa’s helper! Decorated Christmas tree, passed out carol sheets, & served hot chocolate--rekindled spirits
- Volunteered 3 hours for Adopt-a-Pet at Ft Bliss Team car wash; helped raise over $500--promote soonest
- Donated items to Kaiserslaughtern American Committee Toys for Tots drive--selfless, sterling character!
- Visited 2 Philippine orphanages; donated over 40 hours labor on new building--solidified community support