Back to Event-oriented Counseling
Thanks for your contributions!
Purpose of Counseling
Event-Oriented: Counseling for disobeying stop sign, IAW Kansas Statutes 8-1507 and Failing to provide proof of liability Insurance IAW CAC & Ft Lvn Reg 190-5 and AR 385-10 (Army Safety Program).
Key Points of Discussion
1. I am counseling you on driver safety and responsibility. You received a ticket for disobeying a traffic control device (Stop sign) and a warning for failing to provide proof of liability insurance on Thursday, 7 February 2014.
2. Disobeying traffic control devices and failing to provide proof of liability insurance are against post and civilian regulations. It is dangerous to disobey stop signs, and may have resulted in a car accident. Kansas law requires you to be able to pay for damages and injuries suffered in an accident that you cause. Traffic accidents might even result in death or injury of not only yourself but PFC Rogers who was your passenger at the time of the incident. Driving is the most dangerous thing we do every day and there is always a risk when we get behind the wheel.
3. Driving is a privilege not a right. Reckless driving or failing to provide proof of insurance could result in you losing your drivers license/driving privileges. Be advised that losing your license will not excuse you from your duties and your life will immediately become much more complicated.
4. Driving is not only a privilege but also a responsibility. The vehicle you drive can be dangerous to you, your passenger(s), other drivers, and pedestrians. It is your responsibility to ensure you drive safely and follow the rules of the road.
5. Driving recklessly threatens readiness. Although I am concerned about your safety, we are also responsible for the mission. If we lose you to injury or death, we are not fully manned. Readiness will suffer due to your lack of professionalism.
6. Summary: If you do not respond to this counseling and drive more responsibly and are ticketed and/or receive a warning again, more serious administrative action will be taken against you. At a minimum you will be enrolled in remedial drivers training in accordance with AR 385-10, Paragraph 11-7b.
Plan of Action
o SGT Jones vehicle will be inspected to ensure it meets minimum safety requirements.
o SGT Jones will provide valid license, registration and insurance.
o SGT Jones will prepare a class on vehicle safety to present on Friday, February 19, 2016 following morning formation.
o I will conduct safety inspections on your vehicle prior to long holiday weekends and your leaves/passes
o I will monitor your compliance with base driving regulations and address topics that may improve safety to prevent further problems.