Back to Event-oriented Counseling
Thanks for your contributions!
Purpose of Counseling
Key Points of Discussion
This counseling is to discuss the procedures, duties and responsibilities regarding leave.
1. AUTHORITY FOR LEAVE: You must carry your leave form (DA Form 31) and this counseling statement with you at all times while you are on leave. This is your authorization/approval by the unit commander to take leave. You must also provide a copy of your itinerary before you leave for the unit's records.
2. CHANGES: If there is a change to your authorized leave or you do not begin leave as scheduled, you must notify the chain-of-command immediately.
3. DEPARTURE/RETURN: You will begin and end leave on post, at the duty station, or from the place you regularly commute to work. When reporting back in off of leave, you must be signed in to the unit no later than 2400 on the last day of leave (Block 10b). It is your responsibility to ensure that you are at your place of departure at the appointed time. Failure to do so may result in punitive or administrative action.
4. TRAVEL EXPENSES: You are responsible for managing your travel expenses. You must ensure you have adequate funds to cover any additional expenses you may incur in the event your scheduled return is delayed or cancelled. This is necessary in the event you have to schedule an alternate mode of transportation in order to return to your duty station. In the event you do not have adequate funds for alternate travel, contact the Army Personnel Assistance Point at 800-582-5552.
5. LEAVE EXTENSIONS: Extensions in excess of 7 days must be approved by the Battalion Commander.
6. LOST OR DESTROYED LEAVE FORM: If your leave form is lost or destroyed, a copy can be obtained from the unit. Your contact numbers are listed here and in block 17 of the DA Form 31: Civ 123-456-0149 (CQ); 123-456-3339 (PLT SGT)
7. MEDICAL TREATMENT:
8. ADVANCE LEAVE: Advance leave, not to exceed 14 working days, may be approved by the company commander. Requesting advance leave is discouraged because, in the event of a future emergency, subsequent requests for leave will not be accepted until you have a positive leave balance.
Plan of Action
Ensure SM has read and understood unit leave policies and his responsibilities while on leave.