1. Timeliness: Make sure you are at least 10 minutes prior to all announced formations.
2. Accountability: Be where you need to be, when you need to be there. In all events, you need to keep me, or in my absence one of the other NCOs (list other NCOs in section here) aware of your whereabouts at all times.
3. Uniform: Your uniform needs to be pressed and presentable at all times. Your boots need to be highly shined at all times. At no time should your uniform fall below the standards set forth in AR 670-1. Motor Pool duty and Field Exercises are not an excuse to wear a substandard uniform. Also, you need to make sure you are in the correct uniform for the mission. If you are unsure of the correct uniform, contact me and I will provide you with that information.
4. Duties: If you have duty, you need to ensure that you are in the proper place, at the proper time, and in the correct uniform for that duty. I will inform you of any duties you may have as soon as I am made aware of them. Be aware that things change at a moment's notice, so be prepared in case that situation arises.
5. Attitude: You need to have the proper military attitude at all times. Show the proper courtesy and respect to leaders, peers, and subordinates alike. Always be professional and never allow your personal feelings to get in the way of respecting other Soldiers.
6. Appointments: If you have an appointment, let me know the time and purpose of the appointment as soon as possible. Preferably, directly after you make the appointment. If you need to make an appointment, check with me before making the appointment so I can check the training schedule. DO NOT make any appointments without checking with me first. This includes any appointments that your wife may need that will cause you to stay at home to take care of your child.
7. Personal Issues: Any personal or family issues that arise, make sure to inform me so that I can give you whatever support you may need. Do not be afraid to approach me with any concerns you may have, I cannot help a problem if I don't know the problem exists.
Other situations may arise that are not covered in this counseling session. If you are unsure about anything, contact me and I will work to straighten out the situation. It is my duty as an NCO to help you develop into a better Soldier. However, I cannot do this alone. You must put forth the effort to make yourself a better Soldier, and in return I will help guide you in the right direction for your military career.
Plan of Action
Ensure you are at the proper place at the proper time and in the proper uniform.
Follow the guidelines presented in this counseling.
Ensure you are following the standards set forth by this section, this company, and all ARs.
To help ensure you are keeping within the standards.
To provide you with whatever means necessary to accomplish your mission.
To guide you in the right direction to further your military career.
Participate in PT every morning unless otherwise instructed by me or other supervisors in the chain of command. Fitness is the foundation of Soldering; make it a priority.
Conduct yourself in a professional manner towards all NCOs and Officers in the unit. Assume the position of attention when speaking to an officer and the position of parade rest when addressing an NCO.
Clear all appointments with me. If you are sick, the clinic opens at 0600. Inform me if possible before going to sick call.
You are expected to follow all lawful orders, rules and regulations in accordance with the Uniform Code of Military Justice and local and federal laws.
My phone number is 79683. I am always available but do not call after 2200 or before 0500 unless it is important.