a. AR 135-91, Service Obligations, Methods of Fulfillment, Participation Requirements, and Enforcement Procedures, 14 March 2016
b. AR 140-1, Mission, Organization, and Training, 20 January 2004
c. AR 600-9, The Army Weight Control Program, 28 June 2013
d. AR 600-20, Army Command Policy, 6 November 2014
2. Purpose: The purpose of the RST Policy is to provide guidance for unit members on steps to take when they are unable to attend Battle Assembly/Multiple Unit Training Assemblies (MUTA) and wish to request an alternate date, site, or an excused absence.
3. APPLICABILITY: All personnel assigned or attached to the 18th Medical Command (Deployment Support) (MEDCOM (DS)).
a. Soldiers who have not completed or taken steps to complete tasks for deployment readiness will only be allowed to RST under limited conditions. Approval for request for RST is at the discretion of the HHC Company Commander. The following tasks must be met in order to be considered for requests for RST:
(1) Current PHA - Periodic Health Assessment. Must be compliant in the system of record MEDPROS.
(2) Current Annual Dental Exam. Must be compliant in the system of record MEDPROS.
(3) Current and workable Family Care Plan (completed or in satisfactory progress).
(4) Current on Mandatory Training Requirements.
b. Soldiers must comply with the unit body composition program. Soldiers must weigh in monthly. Soldiers on the body composition program will only be allowed to RST under limited conditions.
c. Soldiers must have a passing Record APFT within the last 12 months. Soldiers without a current passing Record APFT or who have failed will only be allowed to RST or receive an excused absence under limited conditions.
d. Soldiers must not be flagged for any miscellaneous adverse actions. Soldiers flagged for adverse actions must have prior approval from the Company Commander to RST or to obtain an excused absence.
5. Process for Requesting RST:
a. RST Request Forms will be fully completed by the Soldier and his or her first line leader prior to approval by the Company Commander. Soldiers and first line leaders will use the standard form when requesting RST. Although filling and signing forms in ink is acceptable, Soldiers and first line leaders will strive to complete the form digitally with Common Access Card (CAC) signatures.
b. The request is submitted to the first line leader who maintains responsibility for verifying if the requesting Soldier is current on all requirements listed in section four of this policy memorandum and that there are not additional military requirements due from Soldier.
c. The first line leader determines, in conjunction with (ICW) the Soldier, the work plan and dates for the Battle Assembly make-up and documents before submitting the form to the Company Commander. If the Soldier is planning to RST at the unit, the specific dates and times will be provided in writing to the Unit Administrator.
d. The request is then submitted to the Company Commander for approval.
e. Soldiers must turn in DA Form 1380 forms indicating duty performance within 10 business days of completing the RST to be reimbursed for the duty. DA 1380s may be emailed or hand carried to the unit.
6. Requests may not be approved if the Soldier does not meet the above guidelines, and the Soldier may receive an Unexcused Absence (U). Requests must be received and approved by the Company Commander no later than the Monday prior to the scheduled Battle Assembly period. Requests received after this deadline are subject to denial.
7. RST dates must not be more than 60 days prior and no more than 60 days after the dates of the Battle Assembly to be missed.
8. RSTs will be highly scrutinized for mandatory Battle Assemblies/MUTAs, unless by exception, you are performing other military duty to include TDY or AT orders.
9. Point of contact this memorandum is the HHC, 18th MEDCOM (DS) Commander at (808) 787-4733.
Encl HUNTER H. REBERGER
1. RST Request Form CPT, MS
2. DA 1380, AUG 2018 Commanding