This counseling is to inform you of the expectations of the unit and the North Carolina National guard. As a SOLDIER you should, at all times conduct yourself accordingly, not in a manner as to discredit yourself or the unit in or out of uniform. You should feel confident in the fact that you are a member of an outstanding organization. If at any time you feel you need assistance do not hesitate to inform someone in your direct chain of command. I expect for you to conduct yourself as a disciplined Soldier and for you to know what is expected of you. By the standard of AR 670-1 the military uniform shall be worn accordingly, remember it is a privilege to wear the uniform, not a right. Physical Fitness will be conducted and we will set the standard as a unit. Remember I am here to help you and your career not hinder it.
1. Timeliness: Make sure you are present at least 20 minutes prior to all announced formations.
2. Accountability: Be where you need to be, when you need to be there, with the proper gear. In all events, you need to keep me, or in my absence one of the other NCOs in our squad aware of your whereabouts at all times. Have your OCIE/PCIE stored at the armory and the right equipment for the mission.
3. Uniform and Appearance: Your uniform needs to be presentable at all times. At no time should your uniform fall below the standards set forth in AR 670-1. Also, you need to make sure you are in the correct uniform for the mission. If you are unsure of the correct uniform, contact me and I will provide you with that information. MALES: You are required to be clean shaven and fresh haircut no sooner than 2 days before drill.
4. Duties: If you have duty, you need to ensure that you are in the proper place, at the proper time, and in the correct uniform for that duty. I will inform you of any duties you may have as soon as I am made aware of them. Be aware that things change at a moment's notice, so be prepared in case that situation arises. Always be prepared and plan ahead.
5. Attitude: You need to have the proper military attitude at all times. Show the proper courtesy and respect to leaders, peers, and subordinates. Always be professional and never allow your personal feelings to get in the way of respecting other Soldiers.
6. Appointments: If you have an appointment, let me know the time and purpose of the appointment as soon as possible. Preferably, directly after you make the appointment. If you need to make an appointment, check with me before making the appointment so I can check the training schedule. DO NOT make any appointments without checking with me first. This includes any appointments that your spouse/family member may need that will cause you to stay at home to take care of your child.
7. Personal Issues: Any personal or family issues that arise, make sure to inform me ASAP so that I can give you whatever support you may need. Do not be afraid to approach me with any concerns you may have. I cannot help a problem if I don't know the problem exists.
8. PT: You're required to take a PT test once a year. You need to consistently prepare yourself so as to achieve this goal. Remember, if you fail a PT test, you will be flagged and required to take a PT test every month until you have a passing one. Prepare yourself.
9. Contact: Make sure you contact me at least 2 times a month with a phone call or text message or email. If you haven't heard from me by Tuesday the week of drill you need to contact me. A drill/news letter will be sent out as soon as I can.
10. When I send out an e-mail or text message, you will send a reply once you read the message. To confirm or ask a question. I understand you can't always have your phone or computer with you, but when ever you do read it, send the reply then (Rgr got it).
Other situations may arise that are not covered in this counseling session. If you are unsure about anything, contact me and I will help you understand. It is my duty as an NCO to help you develop into a better Soldier. However, I cannot do this alone. You must put forth the effort to make yourself a better Soldier, and in return I will help guide you in the right direction for your military career.
______ I fully understand the policies set forth in this counseling statement and choose to uphold the values set forth to the best of my ability.