Purpose of Counseling
Event-Oriented: COVID-19 Ordinary Leave Counseling
Key Points of Discussion
You are being counseled to ensure you understand your responsibilities concerning personal safety and health while on leave due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
It is essential that you take all possible precautions while traveling and during every stop you make to minimize exposure to yourself and others.
1) Practice Social Distancing at all times and wear a mask when entering public places.
2) Sanitize all public items prior to touching them.
3) Wash hands or use hand sanitizer frequently.
4) Refrain from touching face, especially nose or mouth.
5) Follow CDC travel recommendations. See link below for current travel recommendations and best practices when traveling.
The CDC recommends you stay home as much as possible and practice social distancing, especially if you are at higher risk of severe illness. However, if you must travel, be aware that many businesses (such as restaurants and hotels) may be closed.
Anticipate your needs before you go:
- Pack food and water for the road in case restaurants and stores are closed.
- Bring any medicines you may need for the duration of your trip.
- Pack alcohol-based hand sanitizer (at least 60% alcohol) and keep it handy.
- Book accommodations in advance if you must stay somewhere overnight.
- Make as few stops as possible but make sure you rest when tired.
- Bring an EPA-registered disinfectant and other personal cleaning supplies.
Contact your chain of command immediately if you develop a fever or other symptoms associated with COVID-19 or if you've had close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
You must comply with DoD, Federal, State, and local restrictions while in leave status.
Practice risk assessment of all activities during your absence.
Notify your CoC within 8 hours of return and self-quarantine for 14 days unless otherwise directed by local installation directives.
Plan of Action
Member will adhere to travel plans and take all appropriate measures to mitigate the risk of exposure while traveling.
I will take all appropriate measures to mitigate the risk of exposure while on Leave and notify my CoC of any changes as they occur.
I will ensure member completes 14-day quarantine upon return if required by local installation guidelines.