PURPOSE OF COUNSELING
This counseling statement sets forth responsibilities as a sub-hand receipt holder and clarifies expectations.
KEY POINTS OF DISCUSSION
SPC ________ this counseling will outline what is expected of you as a sub-hand receipt holder and to inform you of your responsibilities.
1) Before signing for any equipment, inspect it and ensure its condition is accurately recorded. This will prevent you paying for damage that occurred before signing for any equipment.
2) For each piece of equipment on your sub hand receipt, there will be a corresponding technical manual or commercial equivalent that shows you what Basic Issue Items (BII) and Component of End Items (COEI) are supposed to accompany the equipment on your sub hand receipt.
3) A layout is the easiest way to see, record, and account for all your property at one time. Never sign a hand receipt without seeing the property. Remember that you will be charged if it ends up missing after you sign for it.
4) During your layout, identify each item by NSN and serial number. Don't forget to lay out the BII with your end items as well. Be as thorough as possible. Again, once you sign the SHR, you will pay for any mistakes you make.
5) Take action to control the physical security of your equipment. Store it in a secure area (not a shared space such as an office or car).
6) Keep all hand receipts and shortage annexes. Keeping records digitally is fine but having physical hard copies of all records is highly recommended. Inventory your equipment at least once a month or more often if needed.
Ensure all hand receipts and shortages are corrected, updated and reported to the unit supply specialist before signing for equipment.
Accountability and maintenance of your signed equipment is your responsibility. You must maintain 100% accountability of your equipment at all times. Failure to maintain accountability of the equipment you sign for could result in involuntary deductions from your pay and/or punishment under the UCMJ.
PLAN OF ACTION
o Maintain 100% accountability of your equipment at all times.
o Control the physical security of your equipment and store it in a secure area.
o Inventory your equipment at least once a month or more often if needed.
o Ensure all shortages are corrected, updated and reported to the unit supply specialist.
o I will ensure you inventory your equipment on a regular basis.
o I will ensure you are provided necessary guidance as needed.